These egg breakfast muffins are a delicious, satisfying breakfast option. Make a batch on the weekend and enjoy throughout the week.
¾ cup grape tomatoes, chopped
1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
¼ tsp. chipotle seasoning (optional)
2 large eggs
½ cup egg whites
1 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a standard-sized non-stick mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, avocado, salt, pepper and optional chipotle seasoning.
- Spoon two tablespoons of vegetable and avocado mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables until about a little more than three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle egg muffin mixture with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until eggs spring back to the touch.
Yields: 15 Mini Muffins
Preparation: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 90; Total Fat 7 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 4 g); Cholesterol 75 mg; Sodium 140 mg; Potassium 270 mg; Total Carbohydrates 4 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Total Sugars <1 g; Protein 4 g; Vitamin A 863 IU; Vitamin C 8 mg; Calcium 34 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 17 IU; Folate 50 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.06 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 11%; Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces.
Author: Recipe created by Bonnie-Taub Dix, MA, RD, CDN Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Copyright © 2014, Bonnie Taub-Dix