- When it comes to good nutrition, all forms of fruits and vegetables matter—fresh, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice. With 200+ options and a variety of convenient packaging to make fruits and vegetables easy to store and easy to serve, there’s bound to be something to please everyone!
- Most frozen and canned foods are processed within hours of harvest, so their flavor and nutritional value are preserved.
- Studies show that recipes prepared with canned foods had similar nutritional values to those prepared with fresh or frozen ingredients.
- Canned foods are "cooked" prior to packaging, so they are recipe ready.
- Frozen foods also require little preparation—washing and slicing, for instance, is already done.
SOURCE: fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org, July 2007.