- 1 english muffin
- 2 tablespoons whipped fat-free strawberry cream cheese
- ⅓ cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup red grapes, quartered
- ¼ cup apples slices
Toast the english muffin until golden brown. Spread cream cheese on toasted muffin. Arrange sliced strawberries, grapes, and apple slices on top of the cream cheese. Slice into quarters and “yummy – fruit pizza!”
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- ½ Cup of Fruit per Serving
- Fruit and/or Veggie Color(s): Red, Orange
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 228, Total fat: 1.3g, Saturated Fat: 0g, % Calories from Fat: 5%, % Calories from Saturated Fat: 0%, Protein: 10g, Carbohydrates: 46g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 374mg
An excellent source of vitamins A and C, and a good source of folate and fiber.
Recipe is courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation and Shoney’s, Inc.
fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org, July 2007 from the Cool Fuel for Kids cookbook.